[note: due to ITAR restrictions, much of the work we
do now cannot be released publicly. However, we will continue to post
publications that have been approved for public release.]
- WRANGLER: Capture and De-Spin of Asteroids and Space Debris, Final Report on NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Grant NNX14AM85G, 23Apr15.
- SpiderFab™: An Architecture for Self-Fabricating Space Systems, AIAA Space Conference 2013, San Diego CA, 10-13 September 2013.
- The Terminator Tape™: A Cost-Effective De-Orbit Module for End-of-Life Disposal of LEO Satellites, AIAA Paper 2009-6733, Space 2009 Conference, Sept 2009.
- System Design and Performance Analysis of an Electrodynamic Tether System for Orbital Maneuvering, JANNAF Paper SPS-VII-01, Dec 2008.
- Preliminary Results of the Multi-Application Survivable Tether (MAST) Experiment, 54th JANNAF Meeting, 2007.
- Development of Space-Survivable High-Tenacity Tethers, 54th JANNAF Meeting, 2007.
of Trapped Energetic Particle Fluxes in Earth And Jovian Radiation Belts,
Final Report on NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts Phase I Project,
1 July 2007.
- Responsive Launch of Small Spacecraft Using Reusable In-Space Tether and Air-Launch Technologies, AIAA Space 2006 Meeting, AIAA Paper 2006-7278, Sept 2006.
of Radiation Belts Using Electrostatic Structures, 2005 IEEE Aerospace
Demonstrator of a Standardized Deorbit Module Designed for CubeSat and
RocketPod Applications, SmallSat 2005 paper SSC05-XI-4
- Magnetic Nozzle Design for Maximization of MPD Thruster Efficiency, JANNAF 2005.
- Magnetic Nozzle Design for High Power MPD Thrusters, 29th International Electric Propulsion Conference, Paper # IEPC-2005-230.
of the Interaction of Space Tethers with Catalogued Space Objects,
JPC 2005 paper.
Tethers: Lessons from Developing "Revolutionary" Technologies,
Keynote presentation at 2004 NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts Annual
(MXER) Tether Technologies for Low-Cost In-Space Orbit Transfer,
JANNAF 2004 paper.
Modular Momentum-Exchange/Electrodynami-Reboost Tether System Architecture,
AIAA paper 2003-5214
Multi-Application Survivable Tether (MAST) Experiment, AIAA Paper
RETRIEVE Microsatellite Tether Deorbit Experiment, AIAA Paper 2002-3893
µTORQUE Momentum Exchange Tether Experiment, STAIF 2002.
& Mars Orbiting Spinning Tether Transport (MMOSTT) Final Report (13.1 MB PDF File) Final Report on NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts
Contract 07600-034, September 18, 2001.
of Electrodynamic Tethers", STAIF 2002.
Systems for Satellite Deployment and Disposal", IAF Paper 00-S.6.04,
51st International Astronautical Congress, 2-6 Oct 2000, Rio de Janiero,
Brazil. (Adobe PDF file)
Terminator Tether: Autonomous Deorbit of LEO Spacecraft for Space Debris
Mitigation", AIAA Paper 00-0329, 38th AIAA Aerospace Sciences
Conference January 2000. (Adobe PDF file)
Interim Report (6.8 MB Adobe PDF File) Interim Report on NASA Institute
for Advanced Concepts Contract 07600-034, July 31, 2000.
and Simulation of a Tether Boost Facility for LEO->GTO Payload Transport",
AIAA Paper 2000-3866, 36th Joint Propulsion Conference, July 2000. (Adobe
Development of a Tether Transport System", AIAA Paper 2000-3842,
36th Joint Propulsion Conference, July 2000. (Adobe PDF file)
and Simulation of a Tether Boost Facility for The HASTOL Architecture",
AIAA Paper 2000-3615, 36th Joint Propulsion Conference, July 2000. (Adobe
Cislunar Tether Transport System Architecture", 2nd Lunar Development
Conference, July 2000. (Adobe PDF file)
Interplanetary Tether Transport", IAF Paper 99-A.5.10 50th
International Astronautical Congress, Oct 1999. (Adobe PDF file)
Tether Transport System", AIAA Paper 99-2690, 35th Joint Propulsion
Conference, June 1999. (Adobe PDF file)
Mars-Earth Rapid Interplanetary Tether Transport System - Initial Feasibility
Study," R.L. Forward and G. Nordley, AIAA Paper 99-2151 (Adobe
of a Tether Boost Facility for the Human Mars Mission," R.P.
Hoyt,(507K Adobe PDF File)
Airplane Space Tether Orbital Launch System AIAA Paper 99-4802 (340K
Adobe PDF File).
Terminator Tether™: A Low-Mass System for End-of-Life Deorbit
of LEO Spacecraft," R.L. Forward, R.P. Hoyt, C. Uphoff, Tether
Technical Interchange Meeting, Huntsville, AL Sept 10 1997.
of the Terminator Tether for Autonomous Deorbit of LEO Spacecraft",
AIAA Paper 99-2839, 35th Joint Propulsion Conference, June 1999. (Adobe
- "Failsafe Multistrand
Tether SEDS Technology", R.P. Hoyt, R.L. Forward,4th International
Conference on Tethers in Space, Washington, DC, April 1995.
Multiline Hoytether Lifetimes", R.L. Forward, R.P. Hoyt, AIAA
paper 95-289031st AIAA/SAE/ASME/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, San Diego, CA, July 1995.
- High Strength-to-Weight
Tapered Hoytether for LEO-GEO Payload Transport, Final Report on
NAS8-40690 SBIR 95-1 Phase I Research Study. (Proprietary)
- Failsafe Multistrand
Tether SEDS Technology Demonstration, Final Report on NAS8-40545
SBIR 94-1 Phase I Research Study. (Proprietary)
- Failsafe Multistrand
Tethers for Space Propulsion, Forward Unlimited, NAS8-39318 SBIR
91-1 Phase I Research Study.(Proprietary)
Transport from Sub-Earth-Orbit to the Moon... And Back!," R.P.
Hoyt and R.L. Forward, 1997 International Space Development Conference,
Orlando Fl, May 1997.
- "LEO-Lunar Tether Transport
System", AIAA Paper 97-2794, 33rd Joint Propulsion Conference,
Transport from LEO to the Lunar Surface", R.L. Forward, AIAA
Paper 91-2322, 27th Joint Propulsion Conference, 1991.
information on space tether technologies customized for your spacecraft
please contact TUI at email@example.com
For further information on Tethers Unlimited's Technologies, Products, and Services, please | Contact TUI |
All images and text Copyright 1994-2018 Tethers Unlimited, Inc.