is a highly capable numerical simulation of space tether systems. TetherSim
contains models for:
- tether dynamics, (Implicit Finite
Element propagator or Explicit Runge-Kutta propagator)
- orbital mechanics (including
a J8 geopotential model),
- geomagnetic field (IGRF model),
- ionospheric density (IRI model),
- atmospheric neutral density
(MSISE '90 model),
- electrodynamic physics,
- solar illumination,
- solar pressure,
- satellite dynamics
- satellite power
- Implicit Cable Dynamics Propagator:
TetherSim now uses a new, very fast implicit
tether dynamics propagation method, enabling it to run tens to hundreds
of times faster than other codes.
- Tethered Formations: the code
has recently been updated to enable the simulation of complex tethered formations,
such as the NASA/GSFC SPECS-HEX and Tetra-Star interferometer concepts.
For information on Tethers Unlimited's Products, Technologies, and Services, please | Contact TUI |
All images and text Copyright 1994-2017 Tethers Unlimited, Inc.